We welcome pre-arranged visits by groups outside normal museum opening hours, during the day or in the evening. An introductory talk, either before the visit or when you arrive at the museum, can usually be arranged if requested.
We can also arrange a guided walk as part of your visit to the museum. Choose either:
- A walk around the old town looking at the historic buildings and hearing about people who lived there, or
- A martyrs walk, with a guide in medieval costume, following in the footsteps of the Lollards who were burnt at the stake for their beliefs, including the right to read an English translation of the Bible.
From 2017 the costs are:
- £5 per person for a pre-arranged museum visit with a minimum charge of £50, or
- £5 per person for a walk with a minimum charge of £50, or
- £8 per person for a combined museum visit and walk with a minimum charge of £80