In July 2017, Amersham Museum reopened after a substantial redevelopment and expansion into the neighbouring Victorian building. The work has resulted in the creation of a new, stunning glass reception space, new exhibition space, a wonderful activity space and new dedicated stores for the museum’s collection. The project has also enabled the museum to better reveal their medieval building, previously hidden to the High Street. The redisplay focuses on five key dates in the town’s history and visitors can find out about the people who lived in the town at the time, the buildings from that era and what daily life was like.
We have had to make some changes to museum displays and interactives, in order to make the museum safe during the coronavirus pandemic. We have removed many interactives but we do have information and a trail which can be given out for you to keep. In line with government guidance we ask that visitors wear a face covering. Please read all of our guidelines before you visit.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
- Please bring your ticket confirmation with you – on a phone or another device is fine.
- You must arrive during your allotted time slot. If you arrive at another time you may be turned away.
- If you’re feeling unwell or displaying any of the symptoms of Coronavirus please do not visit the museum.
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you have a problem with your booking please contact the museum and we will endeavour to help you.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, booked into the same slot as them, at all times.
- Amersham Museum reserves the right to cancel any event/close the museum due to unforeseen circumstances, in which case tickets and any administration fees will be refunded.
- With the exception of guide/assistance dogs, we regret that pets are not permitted anywhere in the museum.
- Visitors must follow the health and safety guidelines, put in place to keep museum visitors, staff and volunteers safe.
- Visitors must keep personal belongings with them at all times. We accept no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items.
- We accept responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Other than this, we shall not be responsible for any type of loss or damage which you may suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of purchasing tickets from us or visiting the museum.