On a bright and breezy day in June we held our inaugural Golf Day in aid of Museum Fund at Harewood Downs Golf Course. Emily and Jill Mace manned the registration desk set up beside Anthony the Mobile Museum [which drew a lot of attention from both visitors and golf club members].
44 golfers competed in an individual Stableford competition and the winner was Charles Owen-Conway with 35 points.
After dinner prizes for the golf, a raffle and an auction were distributed which had been very generously donated by individuals and the list below of local company sponsors, to whom we are extremely grateful.
The happy day resulted in funds of £2,800 being raised to help meet our running costs, and we are very grateful to all who played, donated or just came to support us on this successful occasion. Harewood Downs and their staff were very efficient and made a great contribution to the success of the event.
After the success of this event we plan to stage it again next year – on Thursday 18th June 2020 – please keep that date free!
- Hole 1 – The Swan, Old Amersham
- Hole 2 – Ellesborough Golf Club
- Hole 3 – Mr Rob Milliner
- Hole 4 – Gilbeys Restaurant, Old Amersham
- Hole 5 – Jaggard Baker, Beaconsfield
- Hole 6 – Mr Simon Opie
- Hole 7 – Kings Arms Hotel, Old Amersham
- Hole 8 – Harewood Downs Golf Club
- Hole 9 – Mr Stan Griffiths
- Hole 10 – Nags Head, Great Missenden
- Hole 11 – Mr Stephen Dillon
- Hole 12 – Better Prospects, Amersham
- Hole 13 – Cote Brasserie, Old Amersham
- Hole 14 – Mr Peter Williams
- Hole 15 – Mr & Mrs Peter Bevins
- Hole 16 – The Crown Inn, Old Amersham
- Hole 17 – Mr Peter White
- Hole 18 – Bubble& Cafe Bar, Old Amersham
- Hole 19 – Denham Golf Club
- Hole 20 – Mr Derek Evans