Admission is £3 for adults, children free. There is a small charge for special events.
Friends of the Museum can visit for free.
We offer 2 for 1 entry for members of the Chiltern Society. We also accept: Time Credits (two credits can be used to go on a guided walk and one credit for visiting the museum); members of the Museums Association; members of the Young Archaeologists Club.
The museum welcomes pre-arranged visits by groups outside normal museum opening hours, during the day or in the evening. An introductory talk, either before the visit or when you arrive at the museum, can usually be arranged if requested.
We can also arrange a guided walk as part of your visit to the museum. Choose either:
- A walk around the old town looking at the historic buildings and hearing about people who lived there, or
- A Tudor walk, with a guide in costume, following in the footsteps of the Lollards who were burnt at the stake for their beliefs, including the right to read an English translation of the Bible.
The costs are:
- £5 per person for a pre-arranged museum visit with a minimum charge of £50, or
- £5 per person for a walk with a minimum charge of £50, or
- £8 per person for a combined museum visit and walk with a minimum charge of £80
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Plan Your Visit
49 High Street
In 2018, the museum is open from 10th February, every Wednesday to Sunday (and Bank Holiday Mondays) from 12 noon to 4.30pm.
We are open throughout the week for groups, schools, workshops and special events.
£3 Adults | Children are free
“Enjoyed our visit to this wonderful interactive museum where you are positively encouraged to touch things!”