Visit the Museum
The museum will now be closed throughout November. We hope to reopen after 2nd December. We ask you to pre-book your visit.
We are committed to keeping you and our team safe during your visit. We have introduced the following measures to achieve this:
- Limited the number of people in the museum. We ask that you pre-book your visit.
- Ask you to observe social distancing. We ask that you wear a face covering in the museum.
- Provided hand sanitisers for your use on entry and throughout the building.
- Installed a screen at reception and provided face coverings for our team.
- Ask that you pay by contactless or by card.
- Introduced a new cleaning regime.
- Removed interactive exhibits and the contents of our discovery boxes.
- Trained our staff and volunteers in the new procedures.
The museum continues to welcome pre-arranged visits by groups outside normal museum opening hours, during the day or in the evening. An introductory talk, either before the visit or when you arrive at the museum, can usually be arranged if requested. We can also arrange a guided walk as part of your visit to the museum.
You might like to explore the town as part of your visit. The Amersham Society has developed this map It can be freely downloaded from the Amersham Society website. It was published in 2018 by the Amersham Society, with support from the Dulcie Denison Will Trust, the Amersham Town Council and the Chiltern Society.
Plan Your Visit
49 High Street
The museum is open just for the next two weekends – 5th/6th/12th/13th 12-4.30pm
The Christmas shop (only and not the museum) is open
- Thursday 3rd – 10am-2pm
- Friday 4th – 4pm-7pm
- Monday to Friday 7th to 11th – 10am-2pm
- Monday to Thursday 14th to 17th – 10am-2pm
“Enjoyed our visit to this wonderful interactive museum where you are positively encouraged to touch things!”
Staying In Touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news & events