Title: Education Volunteer
Hours: Wednesdays, Thursday afternoon/evenings, various others.
Objective of role: To assist in the delivery and preparation of education events and activities.
- To volunteer with limited supervision.
- To assist in preparing resources and the Museum for events and activit
- To assist in delivering events in an appropriate manner, taking responsibility for the visitor experience, including working with school groups and family groups
- To promote the Museum’s services to visito
- To help pack away after events and leave the space clean and tid
- To have a neat and tidy appearance.
- To arrive for duty in time to familiarise yourself with any new instructions.
- To meet and greet visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- To answer the telephone in a welcoming and friendly way, and take messages where n
- To attend training sessions when notified.
- To ensure the smooth running of Amersham Museum acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
- To adhere to any policies as asked to do so by Amersham Museum staff.
Desired Volunteer Experience and Skills:
- Dealing with the general public
- Working with children
- Resourceful and able to show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Confident and reliable
- Open and positive manner
- Enthusiastic and helpful
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to meet and greet visitors in an appropriate way
- Local knowledge
- Able to work well with others
“Enjoyed our visit to this wonderful interactive museum where you are positively encouraged to touch things!”
Staying In Touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news & events