Title: Education Volunteer
Hours: Wednesdays, Thursday afternoon/evenings, various others.
Objective of role: To assist in the delivery and preparation of education events and activities.
- To volunteer with limited supervision.
- To assist in preparing resources and the Museum for events and activit
- To assist in delivering events in an appropriate manner, taking responsibility for the visitor experience, including working with school groups and family groups
- To promote the Museum’s services to visito
- To help pack away after events and leave the space clean and tid
- To have a neat and tidy appearance.
- To arrive for duty in time to familiarise yourself with any new instructions.
- To meet and greet visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- To answer the telephone in a welcoming and friendly way, and take messages where n
- To attend training sessions when notified.
- To ensure the smooth running of Amersham Museum acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
- To adhere to any policies as asked to do so by Amersham Museum staff.
Desired Volunteer Experience and Skills:
- Dealing with the general public
- Working with children
- Resourceful and able to show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Confident and reliable
- Open and positive manner
- Enthusiastic and helpful
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to meet and greet visitors in an appropriate way
- Local knowledge
- Able to work well with others
“Enjoyed our visit to this wonderful interactive museum where you are positively encouraged to touch things!”