Front of House Volunteer
Title: Front of House
This role will work alongside a Gallery Steward volunteer, who will be on duty together with a Duty Manager during opening hours.
Hours: We ask that you can volunteer a minimum of 10 sessions a year.
From June 2017, Wednesday – Sunday 12 noon – 4.30pm, with shifts of 12 noon – 2.15pm and 2.15pm – 4.30pm. There will be an annual closure in the winter.
Objective of role: To welcome visitors to the museum, accept and process admission and events payments and retail sales.
The role involves:
- To provide a welcome to all visitors to the museum and explain what their visit involves and the resources available to them
- To process retails sales, admission ticket sales and events bookings, using a computerised till system.
- To ask for support from the duty manager when required
We ask volunteers to:
- Have a neat and tidy appearance
- Arrive for duty in time to familiarise yourself with any new instructions
- Greet visitors and answer the telephone in a friendly way, and take messages where necessary
- Attend training sessions as necessary
- Help ensure the smooth running of Amersham Museum
- Adhere to any policies as requested by Amersham Museum staff
The Museum will:
- Provide a duty manager who will be on hand to open up or close the museum and help you at reception when you need it
- Make sure you can have a break if needed and provide a hot drink!
- Provide the necessary training and inform you of changes as required
- Keep you updated on the museum’s overall programme of events and exhibitions and other information that you might need to pass on to visitors
- Provide reasonable out of pocket travel expenses
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Enjoy dealing with the general public
- Have basic IT skills or familiarity in using a till
- Have good communication skills
- Are willing to learn new skills
- Are keen to develop your local knowledge
- Enjoy working with others
Plan Your Visit
49 High Street
In December the museum is only open on Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th December, 12 noon to 4.30pm. We are then closed until February 2020. We are open for special events and groups throughout the year.
“Enjoyed our visit to this wonderful interactive museum where you are positively encouraged to touch things!”
Staying In Touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news & events