Nos. 2-4 were built in the 17th century or earlier and are listed grade II. They were refaced in the 18th century and a shop front added in the 19th. They have an old tiled roof with painted rendering. As shown in the photo gallery below they were for many years Meads the grocers. In about 1910, it became Arthur Terry’s. Mr. Terry bought the building from the Shardeloes estate in 1928 for £503 and sold the business in about 1935 when it became McGregor’s Stores, then a second-hand book shop and more recently a hairdresser. It is now part of a clothes shop.
Nos 6-10 are also listed grade II but built in the early 19th century in red brick with a tiled roof. W Bright moved his shoe shop here from Whielden Street – see photo below.
Click on any of the photographs below to enlarge it and to see the description. Then click on forward or back arrows at the foot of each photograph. To close the pictures, just click on one.